Monday, November 10, 2008

Recent...

I thought I'd share some more of my work from the last two classes.




This one was from today (Nov. 10). We were drawing the clothed figure. I decided to do a drawing more stylized after two previous drawings of the same model. I like how it turned out besides the arm/hand (the proportion problem is totally noticeable blaaah). I'm getting there though... It's charcoal and marker.

As for drawing the clothed figure, I find it a bit challenging (which is good) and a tad less enjoyable... for me. I really like drawing the nude and structuring the body. I don't really like when so much of the body is hidden. Although, for the sake of becoming a better artist, I hope that we get to draw more clothed figures. Practice practice...


Anyway, these are some gestures from Nov. 6. I'm pretty proud of these. I used a brush-pen.





To answer the question about how media inspires you... I think that media does make all the difference. For instance, my figure work in charcoal isn't as pleasing to me as my work in ink. It's not that enjoyable to me either because I struggle with it. I know that I have to keep at it because that's the only way I'll get better with charcoal. But yes, I think your choice of media does have an impact on your work. If you enjoy watercolor or ink and have a facility for it, your work will be better. 

-Ashley

1 comment:

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I really like the line marking on these. I love the bold black marks. Also the brown paper. The figure studies are amazing. Very expressive.