Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blog Postage - Rachel Wolfe

Hey Guys, I suppose It's time for me share.

First off, I'm a transfer student, a CA at that, and at my other school I had to take a few figure classes for my major(all of which were prerequisites to my  animation classes).  Prior to college, I spent a lot of time drawing the figure, mainly because I've been into character design since I was in elementary school.

I believe figure drawing is important because it directly relates to drawing with observation, a skill that's a must for any artist.  You learn to add life and and movement to your work.

Anyway, I've included some of my work down below.  The first two drawings are from a figure class at my old school.  

Sepia Brush pen on copy paper
Conte' Crayon on tone paper. 

The next set of drawings are all from my sketchbooks.  I prefer drawing on smaller paper because a lot of times I chose ink to draw with.  Sometimes I even use blue pencil for the underlying structure and then go over it with ink.  My work tends to have a stylized feel to it, that's something I'm trying to work on.  But,  I enjoy drawing as many figures as possible which is why I love gesture day.  All of these are from the days we drew gestures.

Blue Pencil with Ink

Ink
Ink
This last one is from my own personal sketchbook, and are studies from a book I picked up in the library.  I prefer toned paper over white, especially with ink.

Sepia brush pen on recycled paper

-Ciao

No comments: