Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorite Media


I believe media has a major influence in how art turns out.  I feel, and I'm using myself as an example, artists create better works of art when they are interested in their subject and their media. I absolutely HATE charcoal and Conte` Crayon, and I'm sure all of you know this, but when I use ink, pencil, or watercolor I really enjoy my art.  I've had a few good charcoal and conte` drawings during class, but I'm more comfortable with wet media, therefor I take more risks and I'm more satisfied with the outcome.  I also feel a lot of my better pieces were done in my favorite media.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am open to trying new things every now and then.  I guess I'm just one of those weird people who hates getting their hands dirty.


No comments: